Friday, November 20, 2009

The grandkids are growing up quickly


Its been a long time since I have written on this blog... thought of it often but work is so busy that I have not had time. What reminded me was all the stories I have to tell about the grandies....they just make you laugh... they are so much fun... today Jess, Dlyan, Isabella and Logan all came to visit... the two older ones are four and the younger 16mths and 13mths... and off course there are the other three grandchildren that were not here today... that would really make the house full.... surprising you think the house is big enough until you get the kids in it and it never seems big enough...


For me as a Nanna it gives me time to play like a child again, watch cartoons and Disney Movies....it is so much fun.... and to listen to them talk.... the incredible stories they come out with and the way they mimic their parents... it is so much fun being a nanna, although there are times you cringe at what they say.... and wonder where do they get it from....

Nanna I don't like anything on your oven rail... please dont put tea towels on here!This is the only baby grandchild to come this close to Monty....



Little Logan is walking and like a walking tornado and an eating machine, Bella is sweet a real girl, with a high pitch squeal and trying to boss everyone, Dylan is a georgoues little man so helpful... ready to come to resuce everyone and Jessica, Miss Jessica wise beyond her years... "Nanna dont you know 'sex is when you get naked' pursing her lips towards me... its a worry.... when I asked where did you hear that she replied "the TV".Grandpops said "I want to watch her TV"... I do wonder what is she watching on TV and do the kids just watch too much....



Dylan has almost finished his first year at kindy.... he bought his books for nanna to look at today.... how nice... he was so proud of the work he had done...."Nanna look I did this" so cute....



Jessica is always telling me she wants to marry Dyan..."Nanna he's my best friend" and I keep trying to explain you can not marry your cousin... especially your first cousin.... alas it falls on deaf ears... the only saving grace is that in a year or two she would make lots more friends and have a bigger social network her cousin won't be as important to her....she will be to busy with her school frends.


Yes this is how I keep them all in one place....and quiet.... 'ice cream'

No comments: