Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome to my Nanna world!

I decided that I would start a blog about what it is like to be a Nanna, the good, the bad and the ugly! not that I have experienced any except the good.
I just love being a Nanna, I love the joy the babies, toddlers bring to my life, they make me smile and I think they are just amazing little beings, so impressionable.

However saying that there are lots of issues surrounding being a Nanna, besides enjoying the beautiful grandchild - it is dealing with the grown up children that sometimes create the most dilemmas.
Feel free to comment and share stories about the many wonderful issues surrounding being a grandparent, and finding that balance in life.

I will start with this one. I suggested to my wonderful daughter that I might take both grandchild to Kings Park for a few hours on Saturday - the lovely little cherubs are both 3yrs old, cousins. My daughter's response was "both of them", me - "yes, you know I did have young children once, in fact you two are twins - remember?" she laughed and said " you know you're not as young as you were then?" " you're 20yrs older" lovely daughter, she is really my best friend.

I am looking forward to the brave adventure of taking my lovely Little ones to one of my favourite parks.
I will report after the weekend to see if my daughter was correct!
watch this space!

No comments: